Boston Man Arrested, Charged After Allegedly Trying to Hire Hitmen to Murder His Wife, Her New Boyfriend

A Boston man has been arrested and charged after he allegedly tried to hire hitmen to murder his wife and her new boyfriend. Earlier this week,

Mohammed Chowdhury was charged by criminal complaint with one count of murder-for-hire, according to a press release from the United States Attorney's Office. After an initial

appearance in federal court on Wednesday, Chowdhury, 46, was detained and is pending a detention hearing scheduled for Friday. Per the release, Chowdhury allegedly gave

undercover agents who were posing as contract killers information about his wife and her boyfriend, including where they live and their work location and schedules, as well as

photographs, with instructions to murder them and make sure that the evidence did not trace back to him. Chowdhury allegedly agreed to pay $4,000 per murder, with a deposit

of $500, the release said. When he met with the undercover agents on Tuesday, the Attorney's Office said he allegedly provided the $500 deposit and confirmed that he wanted the

murders to take place, before he was then taken into federal custody. His charging statute provides for a sentence of up to 10 years in prison, three years of supervised

release and a fine of up to $250,000, according to the release. Chowdhury had previously been charged with violating an abuse prevention order that prohibited him from

abusing, contacting or coming within a certain distance of his wife in October 2019. He pleaded to sufficient facts and received a continuance without a finding, the Attorney's

Office said.