Monterey Park residents express shock at shooting

Local residents are expressing their shock after a mass shooting in Monterey Park, California, that left at least 10 people dead and at least 10 others wounded. The

incident on Saturday night happened as thousands were gathered downtown in the majority Asian-American city to mark the Lunar New Year state holiday. The gunman is said to

have entered Star Ballroom Dance Studio, a popular club, and fired multiple rounds at patrons before fleeing the scene. Wong Wei told the Los Angeles Times that his friend

was at the club but had been in the bathroom when the shooting began. He said that when she came out, she saw the gunman firing indiscriminately from a long gun, and she

also saw three people lying dead, including a boss of the club. She escaped to Mr Wei's nearby home, he said. The gunman remains on the loose after the attack, which took

place on Garvey Avenue, home to several Asian-owned businesses. Ten dead in shooting after Lunar New Year festival LIVE: Suspect at large after shooting Seung Won Choi,

the owner of a seafood barbecue restaurant across the street from the club, told the newspaper that three pedestrians had run inside and asked him to lock the door. They

said they had seen a man with a semi-automatic gun and multiple rounds of ammunition, he said. A nearby resident by the name of John claimed he was home when he heard

several gunshots ring out, followed by the sound of police cruisers arriving. He said he saw at least two people with injuries at the scene. Los Angeles County

supervisor Hilda Solis told CBS Los Angeles that she was at Lunar New Year celebrations in Monterey Park but left before the shooting.